The problem of a cough starts to affect the vast number of people because of increasing pollution. People inhale and living in the polluted environment. This can lead to a cough and other general problems like a cold. It is suggested to follow natural home Remedies for Cough to get rid of the cough problem easily and quickly.
An inflammation or an irritant in any part of your respiratory system triggers a reflex to clear the air passages, and we call it a cough. It can be classified into three
- An acute Cough – exists for less than 3 weeks
- A subacute Cough – lasting 3 – 8 weeks
- A chronic Cough – last longer than 8 weeks
Symptoms of Cough:
- Low Fever / Chills
- Hoarseness (abnormal voice changes)
- A runny Nose (Nasal congestion)
- Wheezing / Whistling breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Heat burn
- A sore throat
Listed few natural home Remedies for Cough that can help to get quick relief from Cough.
Honey has all vitamins, nutrients and enzymes intact also it contains powerful antioxidants, antiviral and anti-fungal properties. It helps to boosts the immune system. Honey often recommended by Doctors to treat coughs and sore throat.
- You can consume it directly.
- Mix 4 tablespoon of lemon juice and 8 tablespoons of honey together and consume it when required.
Ginger is the best medicine to cure a sore throat and dry coughing.
- Cut ginger into small slices and crush them slightly.
- Put them in a cup of boiling water.
- Consume this water 3 – 4 times a day to get fast relief.
- Also, you can have ginger honey syrup: Take ginger juice extract and mix it with 4 tablespoons of honey and drink it 4 times a day.
Turmeric is being one of the key ingredients in many countries which have incredible medicinal properties and nutritional values.
- Heat half cup of water and add 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of black pepper and 1 spoon of honey into it (also you can add cinnamon if you want) boil it for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Drink this daily till your condition gets improved.
- Also, turmeric milk is an excellent remedy. Mix 1 spoon of turmeric powder in a cup of hot milk and drink it twice a day.
It has good healing properties and refreshing flavour. Menthol in peppermint soothes sore throats and dry coughs.
- Add a handful of peppermint leaves to a cup of boiling water and allow it to boil for several minutes. The longer you boil, the more strong your tea will be.
- Strain the peppermint leaves and have it.
It has interesting health benefits. It can relieve stress, reduce respiratory issues, improve heart health and strengthens the immune system.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of crushed thyme leaves into a cup of boiling water and cover it up.
- Keep simmering for about 10 minutes and strain it.
6. Salt water gargle
Salt water gargle helps to treat a sore throat. It is sufficient for both relieving infections and preventing them from getting worse as well. Making a salt water gargle is quite easy.
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt dissolved in one cup of lukewarm water helps you to relieve from the scratchy throat.
7. Take a steam bath
The worst enemy for a cough is steam. The steam will thin the secretions, loosen the nose and chest congestion. Taking a steam bath in the morning and before bed helps to relieve congestion and makes you feel better.
8. Cough Drops
It helps to soothe the throat and curb the reflex that makes you cough. Menthol in the cough drop helps to cool the airway passages and soothe the throat. Cough drops which are made from peppermint, eucalyptus and other mint oils are beneficial for speedy recovery.
9. Raw Garlic
Chewing of raw garlic helps to control coughing bouts.
10. Hot Soup
Hot broth and soups are useful in relieving a cough that accompanies cold and flu. Spicy ingredients in the soup such as onion, ginger, garlic and black pepper will do the magic trick, so any soup with these ingredients should work out well.