Hair has played a significant role in our society. It is most associated with youthfulness and beauty. It represents our personality, thoughts and beliefs.
Nowadays hair fall becomes a significant problem among many men and women. Factors like age, health, diet, hormones, seasonal changes, polluted environment and climate affect the hair growth, and it is no surprise that hair loss will make many men and women feel embarrassed.
What is Hair Fall?
Hair fall or hair loss means that loss of hair from head or body. It is also called as alopecia or baldness.
Normal hair loss means the average person loses 50 – 100 strands of hair each day. If you wash your hair regularly, you will lose 250 strands because of the stress you put on follicles.
Causes for hair fall
- Oily Scalp
- Post Pregnancy
- Nutrient deficiency
- Unhealthy diet
- Usage of chemical products – Hair colouring, hair shampooing
- Hormone imbalance
Want to stop or control hair loss? Just follow these natural home remedies and you will see the magic, and it works.
It has essential nutrients which are helpful for restoring dry, damaged and brittle hair as well as split ends. It gives you healthy hair and promoting hair growth. It also works as a conditioner and provides more volume. It also acts as the best moisturiser and results in shiny hair.
Apply coconut milk on your hair and leave it for about 20-30 minutes before shampooing. It is an excellent remedy for any problem.
Aloe Vera helps to repair dead skin cells on the scalp. It is a good remedy for dandruff, dry and itchy scalp and leaves your hair more smooth and shiny.
Cut the Aloe Vera leaf and use a spoon to extract the pulp and rub into your washed hair and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Soak a cup of fenugreek seeds overnight.
- Grind it with Aloe Vera gel and make a paste.
- Apply it on your hair and scalp and leave it for 1 hour.
- Wash with cold water.
It helps to prevent premature Graying and stimulating hair growth.
- Combine curry leaves along with hair oil and apply it on your scalp.
- Massage it for 15-20 minutes.
- Follow this twice in a week.
- Also to make a paste, take a handful of curry leaves and mix it with yogurt and apply them to your hair.
- Wash after 20 minutes.
To get a shiny and glossy hair, use fenugreek hair mask.
- Put 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in a mixer and grind to a powder.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil into the powder and mix well.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and roots then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
It has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties. So it helps to nourish the scalp and your hair roots. Neem oil also helps to improve the scalp condition.
- Grind some Neem leaves with water and make a paste.
- Apply it on both scalp and roots.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then shampoo as usual.
- Also, add a cup of Neem leaves into boiling water and use this herbal water to rinse your hair.
It is one of the best hair beauty ingredients. It makes your hair healthy, voluminous, soft and shiny. It stimulates hair growth and prevents hair fall, dandruff, scalp itchiness and repairs split ends. We can use it as a natural hair dye to cover grey hairs.
- To get a henna oil, heat 250 ml of gingili oil and add few cups of henna powder and boil it for around 5 minutes.
- Apply this oil to your hair for 2-3 times in a week.
- For hair conditioning, make a tea decoction and let it cool. Mix henna powder into it until it gives a thick paste.
- Add 3 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Add 2 tablespoon curd, after 30 minutes.
- Apply this paste on your hair and rinse with shampoo after 1 hour.
Hibiscus enriched in vitamin C that boosts collagen and ensuring healthy hair growth. The oil from the plant helps to enhance blood circulation to the scalp and promote hair re-growth.
- Add some hibiscus flowers to the coconut oil and heat the mixture.
- Strain it and apply this oil on your scalp every night
- Wash it thoroughly the next morning.
- Also, crush some hibiscus flowers and leaves and mix with sesame or coconut oil to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and rinse it off after 1 hour.