The colon is the part of the digestive system and it is also known as the large intestine. Colon is responsible for removing water, salt, vitamins and some nutrients forming stool from the body.
It also contains some bacteria which helps in improving the body’s absorption of vitamins and nutrients from the digested material. However, it begins to absorb toxins when it does not function properly.
It is divided into four parts:
Ascending colon, Descending colon, transverse colon and sigmoid colon.
- Colon which travels up the right of the abdomen is the ascending colon.
- Colon which travels down the left abdomen is descending colon.
- Colon which runs across the abdomen is a transverse colon.
- A short curving of the colon, just before the rectum is a sigmoid colon.
Early signs and symptoms of a colon:
- Constipation / diarrhea
- Rectal bleeding or blood in a stool
- Weight gain
- Low energy
- Chronic illness
- Abdominal discomfort
There are many treatments available for colon cleansing and we can easily get relief from harmful toxins. Here are the top 7 simple and natural home remedies for colon cleansing.
1. Salt Water Flush
Salt water helps you to cleanse the colon, remove toxins, pushing waste through the body and improves digestion. Also, it plays a vital role in improving the bowel movement and keeps your body hydrated.
- Add a tablespoon of sea salt in a glass of drinking water and boil it.
- Stir well and then drink this water in a lukewarm state.
To get effective results, perform it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
2. Apple Juice
It is one of the best home remedies for colon cleansing. Regular intake of apple juice helps in proper digestion, improving bowel movements also enhance the functioning of the liver and cut down toxins in your stomach.
- Start your day by drinking fresh unfiltered apple juice which is specially extracted from organic apples.
- Then have a glass of pure water after 30 minutes.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon is very rich in vitamin C which is good for the digestive system. Moreover, it has anti-oxidant properties which help to protect your body from free radical damage.
- Take a glass of lukewarm water and squeeze half a lemon into it.
- Add salt and honey and mix well.
- Have this drink every morning on an empty stomach.
Yogurt is a great way to maintain the balance between good and bad bacteria. It has a rich source of calcium and helps to break down the growth of cells lining the colon. Yogurt comes from milk which helps in boosting the immune system and promote a healthy digestive system.
“American Gastrointestinal Association also recommends yogurt for the healthy digestive tract and to ease constipation, diarrhea and other intestinal problems.” Regular intake of yogurt helps the body in producing vitamin B in the bowels.
- Eat 2 – 3 tablespoon of yogurt every day in the morning.
- Also, you can have yogurt with fresh fruits like papaya, banana, apple, berry and lime.
5. Aloe Vera
People with digestive problems have experienced great results from Aloe Vera juice. It helps in detoxifying the bloodstream and improving the health of the colon. It has some essential nutrients which are the key to naturally clean out the waste from the colon.
- Extract the Aloe Vera gel from the leaves and blend it with lemon juice.
- Refrigerate this juice for 3 – 4 hours.
- Drink this juice several times a day.
6. Vegetable juice
Drinking fresh vegetable juice helps in improving bowel movement and also to cleanse the colon.
Also, the vitamins, minerals, amino acids, sugar and enzymes present in the vegetables keeps your body healthy and energized.
- Consume freshly prepared vegetable juices.
- Using a blender you can make juice from carrot, beetroot, corn, squash, spinach, kale and so on.
7. Fiber-rich foods
Taking fiber-rich foods in your daily diet helps to eliminate the harmful toxins from your body. It aids to improve the bowel movements and soften the stool which ultimately encourages the body to expel waste products. It is the best remedy for all kind of intestinal problems.
Following are the foods which contain a right amount of fiber:
- Flax seeds
- Whole grains
It is a natural ingredient which you can use to improve the functioning of the colon and to remove waste and harmful toxins from your body. It improves digestion.
- While making herbal tea or green tea, add a small piece of ginger into it.
- Another method to prepare juice is, take 1 tablespoon of ginger juice and add it with 1 tablespoon of honey then mix it in a glass of drinking water.
- Have this mixture 2 – 3 a day.